I am sitting here in my bedroom typing up another Blog post about home improvements, drinking coffee... made in the bathroom, and listening to the tile guys rock out in the main part of the house.
The head tile guy seems to be obsessed with Andre (this is nothing new). He keeps coming to the hall way to talk to me about Andre, he is looking into buying a Great Dane himself... and just spent last weekend researching and looking for Great Danes. He would like to have a Dane from Andre's family. I really need to get on the ball with breeding Andre! His babies are always in demand! (I must admit I too want a Andre puppy!)
![]() |
| Andre @ 8 weeks |
Not to mention that our house looks like a total dump! We have tools and paint+brushes and floor scrapers and huge trash bins of vinyl and kitchen cabinet doors and baseboards EVERYWHERE! I have been starting to wonder how much more of this clutter I am really able to take before I start to totally and completely DEEP clean the entire house and not care about putting the tools away! But thank you to my father and the lovely Cassie, ...and the tile guys, it will all be said and done with very soon and we can go ahead and put the tools away and clean/de-clutter the house!!!!!! woohoo!!
(One other positive thing that we have found, is that the TV gets a seriously awesome signal in the bedroom (we do not pay for cable, we use an antenna (which is seriously perfect and WAY cheaper, we still get most of the major networks and can watch House, 30 rock,... Vampire Diaries, Fringe, Glee!, Modern Family and so on and so forth)) (plus we have the Internet and can watch whatever else on Hulu (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Sons of Anarchy, Desperate housewives). I usually do not have a TV in the bedroom but I really think its a way better choice than fighting with the antenna every time I watch one of my favorite shows.)
Along the way we found... drum roll please!!! moldy rotten walls behind the refrigerator (the wall is wood paneling). I am going to have to say that Houston has a mold issue! Ever since we have moved here every single place we have lived in has had one form of mold or another. And well I am sure that the previous owner new about this mold... and painted over it (they love to paint over mold in Houston!) and forgot to mention it! Its a good thing that we removed our baseboards. (this was caused by a leak in the waterline to the fridge) So after the tile is installed we will be removing the wood paneling along this wall in the kitchen and living room and installing new fresh wood paneling. (A REASON TO PAINT!!!) It is always fun learning how to do something new.
So the next project is the wood paneling and painting! I really enjoy painting... for some reason and I am looking forward to it!
WHOA I feel like this has turned into a home improvement Blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment