awesome

Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Obsession with Black Bean Soup!

I have to say with everyone my new obsession with black bean soup! I have already made this, this week and I already want it again! It is super easy to make and takes about 30 minutes!

(serves 6)

2 cans of black beans
1 can of sweet corn - drained
1 packet of sausage
(if you don's have sausage on hand I have used a few slices of sandwich ham or bacon) (or without any for of meat!)
2 celery sticks
2 carrots
1 bay leaf
1/2 sweet onion chopped
1/2 a tomato chopped (you can add more if you like or a can of Ro-tel)
1 can of beef broth (bullion or whatever you like to use. I prefer w/o MSG)
1 cup of water (add more if preferred)
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce 
2 tablespoons of Soy sauce
1 tablespoon of white vinegar
4 teaspoons of red cooking wine
your favorite hot sauce - to taste

Sour cream is nice to add on top!

(I never am good at following cooking instructions. I tend to work with what I have and what I feel like adding. I tend to add the soy, worcestershire, wine, hot sauce and vinegar all to taste.)

First I dice up some onion and sauteed. As soon at the onions go on to that pan I chop up the sausage into bite size pieces and add them to the pan. While those two are cooking I chop the carrots, tomato and celery. I dump the black beans, corn, water, carrots, celery, tomato and beef broth into a large pot. Around this time your onions should be sauteed nicely so you can go ahead and add them and the sausage into the pot. Now add your soy, worcestershire, bay leaf, red wine, vinegar and hot sauce! Now let simmer for at least 15 minutes.



I love this soup. I know it's a serious confetti of stuff but its all stuff that is usually just hanging out around my house. I started making this by just throwing things into a pot... I needed to cook some sausage that was in the fridge. It turns out that black bean soup is one of our favorite things to eat. It also is seriously good to eat left over or after its been frozen! I cant say enough good things about this dang soup lol! I just hope that everyone else enjoys it as much as Aaron and I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment